Today I have a great interview with email expert Ben Settle. I first learned of Ben back in 2007 or so when I interviewed him for a copywriting book I was writing. I’ve been following him ever since (and I don’t follow many people).
If you work with clients and you want to know a savvy way to grow your business (that hardly anyone does), you don’t want to miss this.
You’ll find the interview at the bottom of this article.
Here are a few things you’ll hear Ben talk about:
- The difference between being an expert and a leader. Only one of those positions pays well. (Understanding this can make ALL the difference.)
- Hear Ben’s philosophy on selling. If you’ve ever wondered how to sell what you have ALL the time and STILL be a welcomed guest, this is how. You’ve got to get this in your head!
- Why you don’t have to be “the best” at what you do to succeed. Actually, even the best service provider in the world will LOSE to the person who has more mastery of .
- How to sell yourself without coming across as needy (which will repel prospects faster than you imagine).
- The difference between being informational and teaching in your marketing. If you hate “giving away the farm” just to try to get a client, this will FIX it.
- Can a financial planner or other service provider REALLY email prospects each and every day to build the business? You might be surprised at Ben’s answer.
- Why you can suck at writing and still make Ben’s strategies work for you.
- Why giving your prospect a lot of great free information might actually motivate them to buy from someone ELSE! Making this mistake can be extremely expensive.
- Ben’s simple recommendation for getting started with building your list — an asset that will pay you over and over and over again. If you aren’t doing this you really are at a huge disadvantage.
- Why service providers should “productize” their service and why. If you want to break free of depending on clients alone (imagine that!!), this is what you should do.